Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Saying Goodbye to President Bush

"I would hope that when it's all said and done, people say, 'This is a guy who showed up to solve problems,' " Bush said at the forum. "And when you have somebody say there's a pandemic that you can help, and you do nothing about it, then you have frankly disgraced the office."

--- President George W. Bush, Dec. 2008 (via the WP)

Taking the long view of the "legacy promotion tour" underway by the current administration, the historical view, so to speak, President Bush says or rather wistfully considers and then discards the long view:

"
I don't spend a lot of time really worrying about short-term history. I guess I don't worry about long-term history, either, since I'm not going to be around to read it."

Now you too can add your last words, and write a Goodbye Letter to President Bush at this website.

I considered several things to say, but here is the best comment I can offer: "Don't speak. Just go."

SEE ALSO:
Sam Venable's column in the Knoxville News Sentinel - "
Lax government oversight on virtually all fronts is Bush's laughingstock legacy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Well, I for one thought he was a great President! We will miss him and his strong stand against an enemy that wants to kill us. He stood his ground and now we have a puppet President, who couldn't make a decision on his own. President George Bush will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents. It was sad to see the idiots booing him as he left. He did not deserve that. Where were the hecklers at the Obama inagration? I'd of booed. He scares me and I want Bush back where I feel safe. I no longer feel safe. Good bye President Bush. There are people who will miss your leadership.

    ReplyDelete