Thursday, October 09, 2008

I Know How To Do It

In an interview for a new job, you want to project confidence and exhibit your skills, and just land the job and figure out the details later. I suppose it is an endearing kind of ambitious flaw.

There were a few comments by Sen. McCain in the debate in Nashville that made me think of those interview moments, and perhaps that he was claiming far more than he could ever deliver.

Like this comment about Osama bin Laden:

"
I'll get Osama bin Laden, my friends. I'll get him. I know how to get him. I'll get him no matter what and I know how to do it."

Uh, sir, we have been seeking that man for six-plus years, don't you think you'd better clue the rest of us in here? And here's another suggestion for you if you'd like to win: launch you plan NOW and capture or kill the terrorist and I "betcha" you'd be elected in a landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment