Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Futurama Returns With New Movie


"Good news everyone!!"

Fine news for fans of the once-cancelled and now revived animated sci-fi comedy show "Futurama": the show is back next Tuesday with a direct-to-DVD movie called "Bender's Big Score."

This review says
:

""Bender's Big Score" is an absolutely wonderful return for the series, as not only does the film deliver a clever (a late twist is not only unexpected, but rather sweet) and often hysterical time travel tale, but a film that will both please fans (who get some references to episodes, as well as the return of supporting players Nibbler, Zapp Branigan and Kiff) and hook in newcomers.

As much as I liked "Futurama" (although especially later seasons, as the show continued to get funnier in later years as it developed characters and built further upon the concept), I found "Bender's Big Score" exceeded my expectations, as despite the direct-to-DVD nature of the flick, it really feels like a full feature film and not an extended episode with a lot of filler. I'm looking forward to the next film (which will apparently come out early in 2008), and hopefully if these direct-to-DVD films are successful, Fox will consider bringing back the series.

Note - the film does end with
a cliffhanger, and the commentary notes that there will be three more "Futurama" features."


Plus Al Gore and Evil Santa make appearances in this new feature.

I am estatic with nerdly joy.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited too! I love Bender, does that make me a nerd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the answer is yes, but these days Nerd is the new Cool. Isn't it??

    ReplyDelete