Thursday, September 29, 2005

Good Thoughts From Iraq

I recently added a link to fine fellow from Dandridge who is serving in Iraq, Travis Stuart, and his most recent posts should make every American proud. I think he has a real understanding of what is at the heart of the nation. His comments on Sunday and Monday were outstanding. Here is a little from Sunday's post:

"
I read this morning about the Peace March on Washington yesterday, and I think that is a great thing. That is Democracy at it's greatest. That it is why I am proud to defend freedom and serve in the military. Just because the President and his men say it's right, doesn't mean it is so, and these folks have the freedom to express their beliefs. Hooray for them!

In no way do I feel it is a slap in the face for the American Public to demonstrate against the war in Iraq. As I said, that is freedom, and that is what I protect."

Spend some time reading Travis comments and I think you'll find he has a good insight to our world and he can also be pretty funny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment