Thursday, July 27, 2006

Whedon on Courage and Equality

I have been on the Joss Whedon bandwagon for years - he simply writes with much humor and insight and his work has inspired many. The following video was featured on Cows and Graveyards and I am happy to offer it here. (yes, I am a diehard Buffy fanatic which I've written in this blog many times.)

Whedon shows in a few moments of a speech why his work is so strong - it's worth watching every moment of this, as he steers you through his thoughts and reflections and his experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Buffy was great, but I was really fond of Firefly. That show had so much potential. The movie was fun and all, but I would have liked the series to continue. Any word on Whedon's Wonder Woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Wednesday. I thought the Serenity movie advanced the Firefly story really well and still left room for more stories.

    Last I read about Wonder Woman was that Joss has turned in a script and the selection of the Wonder Woman herself is the next task. Joss says he doesn't want a "star" for the part.

    Plus, I thought the least the X-Men moviemakers could have done was give Joss credit for the storyline of the most recent movie! yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can anyone BUT Lauren Graham be cast as Wonder Woman? pleeeeeeeeeeeze

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard her name mentioned, John.

    and i'm kinda partial to Firefly cast member Morena Baccarin.

    just no Jolie or Zeta-Jones types.

    ReplyDelete