Chris Wooden is serious about entertaining East Tennessee.
His sprawling multi-attraction Frightmare Manor is a must-see attraction drawing in visitors from all over the country. Now, he and his staff have created another enormous entertainment destination located right next door - it's called Adventure Ranch and the goal here is pure fun for the whole family.
"You know, we've had a great time scaring folks who come to Frightmare Manor over the years, and we think Adventure Ranch will be even more fun - it will be full of laughter and families enjoying the season and so much more," he said.
More than a year in the planning, they'll open up to visitors Sept. 20 and run weekends through November. Wooden and his creative team have made a place where our beautiful Fall season will make a great backdrop for all the fun and adventure. With all the things to do and experience, I'd say Adventure Ranch is the Must-Do Fall tradition for all kids ages 2 to 92.
- Huge “Chick-fil-A Sponsored” Corn Maze for guests to get lost in
- An Authentic Gem Stone and Fossil Dig
- Pumpkin Patch featuring Traditional Orange and “Pearl Pumpkins” unique to Great Smoky Farm
- Huge 70′ Long Cow Train sponsored by Chick-fil-A Morristown
- 2 Huge Jumping Pillows (one for the big and another for the small jumpers!)
- Petting Zoo filled with Adorable Farm Animals
- Adventure Tower and Adventure Leap (a Must-Do Attraction only offered at Adventure Ranch)
- 250′ feet of Super Slide!
- Genuine Fire Truck Display (This fully-functional Ladder Truck is owned by Adventure Ranch and its use is donated throughout the year to Lakeway Volunteers Fire Department as they respond to Fire Emergencies in any area in Jefferson, Hamblen, and Sevier Counties.)
- Real Pony Rides
- Human-Hamster Wheels
- A Fun Nature Trail with an Adventure Ranch Twist
- The Pony-Hops Rodeo (Hop-On and Race your Friends on your Inflatable Horse!)
- Tennessee’s Largest Rocking Chair
- Picnic Area, Concessions, “General Store” Gift Shop and so much more!
Music and fun will fill the park, but Chris as always is keeping his eye on making sure this huge family attraction is beneficial to the community at large. He purchased a working fire ladder truck for kids to explore and learn about, but the truck is being used by the Lakeway Volunteer Fire Department as they respond to emergency situations in three counties too.
Educational aspects are built into Adventure Ranch, focusing on farm life and offers Field Trip Ag-In-The-Classroom Field Trips for students studying rocks, fossils and botanicals too.
And there's more! The Corn Maze includes a mystery game to be solved, called "FSI - Farm Scene Investigation". And there will be cornhole games, Adventure Ranch mascots, and much more.
Chris is building a massive tourism destination in Morristown/Talbott and Hamblen/Jefferson counties which continues to grow and expand every year. Join in the fun starting September 20. The full Adventure Ranch website is here.
And here's an aerial view of the giant corn maze, though many new onsite attractions were not in place when image was taken -