Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In Memoriam - For Alex


No posting here for a while as my sister and her family and all of our families are mourning the death of her son Alex who has died at the age of 22.

Alex Long

Ryan Alexander Long, 22, of Hixson, went home to be with the Lord on Monday, Sept. 22, 2008.

Alex was a native and lifelong resident of the Chattanooga area. He was a 2004 graduate of Hixson High School and was attending Chattanooga State Community College. Alex was currently employed with Hamilton Place Cinemas 10–17 and was of the Baptist faith. He loved Star Wars, playing video games and going to the movies.

Alex was preceded in death by his grandfathers, William J. Powell and James L. Long Sr.

He is survived by his parents, Claudia Powell Long and James "Jim" L. Long Jr.; a sister, Laura Sanders and her husband, Chris; grandmothers, Nola Powell and Zoolah Long.

Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Dewayne Roberson officiating.

Burial will follow in Chattanooga Memorial Park.

The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.

Share your thoughts and memories at www.mem.com.

Arrangements are by the North Chapel of Chattanooga Funeral Home, Crematory and Florist.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Oh, Joe. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you, Claudia, and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I am so sorry. Sending you many good thoughts right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Joe- You are in my thoughts. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

    Katie Allison Granju & family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, I am so very sorry and am thinking of you & your family during this difficult time.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:11 AM

    Joe, you and your family have my deepest sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Joe, you & your family are in my thoughts. If you need anything let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Joe. I am so sorry for you and your family. My thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very sorry to hear about Alex. I worked with him at Regal for 2 years and moved out to Seattle about a year ago. He was one of my favorite people to work with and was always such a fun and happy person. I am very sorry for your loss and your family is close to my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Our condolences, Joe, to all of you. It is sad to lose someone, much less someone so young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks to all for your good thoughts and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Joe, I finally got back on internet, and read your obituary of gson. Also read kind comments, Thanks to each one. Bibles have been given by Gideons in Ales's memory.lovenp

    ReplyDelete