Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Horace Silver Quintet

While I often link to videos at YouTube (as I did yesterday) that might have some political statement, I have found most often I go the site to watch a vast collection of musicians often captured live onstage. Some web users have patiently and diligently brought out many incredible performances. From Miles Davis to Stan Getz or Thelonious Monk, Sonny Rollins, Bill Evans and many others I could name, there is a galaxy of musical genius to witness. (As opposed to watching say, the blunders of politics or just average folks yakking at a webcam.)

Tonight as dusk was approaching I was driving thru town and listening to the Horace Silver Quintet play "Senor Blues". Something about that jazzy, bebop sound and summer nights can coalesce into amazing moments. So, web junkie that I've become, I searched YouTube for some Horace Silver performances and found this incredible performance before a Dutch crowd in 1959. I also highly recommend Horace's official web site - much history and inspiration about the legendary performer can be found there.

1 comment: