Thursday, September 14, 2006

Does U.S. Currency Contain 9-11 Secrets?


I noticed on Yahoo! News that a picture has been quite popular this week on their pages - an oddly folded twenty dollar bill which some say reveals an image of the smoking World Trade Centers just after being struck by terrorist-hijacked airplanes.

The caption for the photo says a "Palestinian man" is holding the bill.

Making new symbols out of the symbol-heavy U.S. currency is not new and according to the Urban Legends page, this particular 9-11 image first started popping up on the web in 2002. Folding bills and other items are mentioned in the article.

Another web site goes much further. It shows how certain newly revised U.S. currency contains images of the burning buildings, the buildings in mid-collapse and on the $100 bill, a rising column of smoke is all that is visible. The pictures and text are all on a web site called "Armageddon Online."

I had no idea the End of the World had it's own web page.

But, after all, we are in the modern age. Dire warnings of the End Times have likely been in existence since humans gained the powers of speech and communication. Secret signs and wonders, cryptic images, predictions and such are always hovering on the horizons for some people - they'll find conspiracy anywhere and everywhere. (and the site mentioned above has a whole zoo of endtime scenarios and provides some extra fuel for your Fear-filled fires).


9 comments:

  1. Oy vey.

    Occam's Razor, anyone?

    People have too much goddamn time on their hands, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    I prefer folding it into a mushroom, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have a dollar so the chances of me doing this little End 'o de World test is slim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:31 AM

    My personal favorite end-time page is good ol' Exitmundi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.. if I had time to do arigami w/ money.. I'd be richer than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heh heh - i love reading/speaking the phrase "End o' de World".

    and i like it best when people fold money and stick it into my hands!!

    cool link, AT - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other day I went to this place for lunch and they put my leftovers in tinfoil that was folded to look like a swan.

    I'm pretty certain it was a secret code.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day I went to this place for lunch and they put my leftovers in tinfoil that was folded to look like a swan.

    I'm pretty certain it was a secret code.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:21 PM

    I was folding my laundry one night this week and a pair of my jeans were the spitting image of Jesus. I assumed it was a right wing conspiracy to convert me back.

    I've seen the bill folding before and heard the whispers of conspiracy. But I am struck that the same people that botched the emergency mgt of Katrina and can't seem to end the war could not possibly deliver something so elaborate. My vote is on coincidence. Now those jeans I mentioned? Well, that has to be divine providence.

    ReplyDelete